Monday, May 10, 2010

I'm BACK!!!

Okay, so I haven't posted in a while, but I was so busy- I took my SAT's!! Let's pray that I did well on them!!
So onto the cards:

This one was made a while ago, but I never got around to taking a picture of it!!
I love the layout of this one!!

Supplies used: Marcella by K patterened paper, ink and butterfly, DMC embroidery thread, Martha Stewart stamps (I think so!) Autumn Leaves patterned paper, EK Success corner punch and 1" circle punch, MSE stamp on bottom circle with Zing! American Crafts clear embossing powder.

Then of course, I made a Mother's day card for my mother!!
Maybe the hearts were overkill, but I think they look cute!! The lines on them is made with a white gel pen, a trick I learned from Heather Summers in one of her awesome YouTube videos!
Supplies used: K& Company chipboard circle, ribbon and patterned paper, Marcella by K butterfly, MSE stamp, Ranger ink, EK Success heart punch.

Then I made this card sketchbook, which I really made a while ago, but had lying around undecorated, and then I finally decided to finish it! Isn't it cute?? The idea for this is totally NOT my own; I acctually got it from my favorite crafter/ blogger, Kristina Werner. She made a video on these books with a PDF for making your own a long time ago, like in September. Guess I took a while getting around to it, huh??
But totally check the post out if you haven't already, because it has great instructions for making it!
Supplies used: Making Memories patterned paper, Bo Bunny chipboard letters, EK Success star punch and corner rounder punch, Martha Stewart alphabet stamps, Zing! embossing powder, Marcella by K polka dot paper, I can't remember the name of the company for the arrow- sorry!!
I like how it turned out, with the fancier paper, but the "funkier" embellishments!! I can't wait to use it!
I kind of dump the sketchbook in my school bag and have it around in case I feel inspired to sketch a card layout in class! Some of my best ideas come during class!
(like the first card in this post!!)
The last two cards use EK Success punches, which I just got yesterday! They were really cheap, like 3 punches for about $3. I really like them and can't wait to use them some more!

Anyway, I hope to continue posting on a regular basis, or at least more often!
Follow my blog if you like it and please comment!
-Haylie

No comments:

Post a Comment