Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy Happy Birthday!

It seems everyone I know has a birthday around the same time in April. My father, sister, two of my friends and the woman who cleans my house all have a birthday in the same week (about a week and a half ago). I decided to make 5 cards with the same design, but You'll see that they pretty much all look different. Oh, well. Here they are:All 5 of them:
For one of my friends: Here it is without stitching:With stitching:
Supplies:
Hero Arts Chocolate brown card base, Uni Ball Signo broad gel pen, Jolee's Boutique cupcake sticker,Glitter chipboard circle, K&Company paper cut into 1" circles (EK Success punch), Grey paper and white paper.
That's my handwriting on the card- it's getter better, right?
For my housekeeper:
The paper is the same as the card above (K&Company- Marcella by K) and the same grey paper as well. The Orange paper is K&Company Que Sera Sera paper and the 3 stickers areall wither Making Memories or K&Company. Brads are Making Memories.
As busy as this card is, I really like it.
This is for my older sister. (On that note, I hope she got it in the mail by now...)
Um...I seriously don't know where these supplies are from. I'm gonna guess the rub-ons are from K& Company or Making Memories. The ribbon is probably K&Company as well and I actually know the rest. The card base is Hero Arts, the Green paper is Autumn Leaves and the Stamp is MSE. Ink is black and paper is off-white
Ok...last one for this post. This is for my other friend, who obviously turned 18. Whoohoo for her! The 3 stickers are from Studio 112 and the ribbon is from a MSE grabbox, so who knows? The orange paper is K&Company (Que Sera Sera) and the paper is off-white and brown. That's it! Oh, and a EK Success corner rounder punch was used.
In other (sort of related) news, I went to the Harry Potter Exhibit in Times Square and LOVED it. I am a crazy Harry Potter Fan, as is my whole family , and my firends. We went on the day of my two friends' birthday, and one of htem was with me. Too bad nobody wanted to give the birthday girl any discounts. :-(While I was there, I bought some gifts...but I just now realized I have no pictures of them. And THEN I found out that hte ridiculously expensive Harry Potter stickers I bought in the gift shop for scrapbooking hte day are being sold at Two Peas in a Bucket for cheaper- darn. Oh well...here's the stickers I bought. The picture is from the Two Peas site:
They're cute, right? And here's some pictures from the exhibition (outside, since you couldn't take pictures.) I also have picture with my parents and friends but I don't think they want their pictures online. I would definitely recommend this exhibit to anyone who is a big Harry Potter fan, at least of the movies. This is the last North America stop for the exhibit, and it's open until September. It's pretty popular, so order online if you can only make it one day.
One last thing...I mentioned 5 cards, but there's only 4.... *hangs head* whoops. I forgot to take a picture of the last one. I will put it up in a future post. I have a big project I'm working on and maybe a giveaway, so follow this blog for more!
-Haylie!

No comments:

Post a Comment