Sunday, April 18, 2010

HOLD IT!!! Never mind..........LOL!!

YAY!!! Just a few minutes ago I was going crazy because my camera wasn't working in my computer, but I tried my father's card reader and now it works!!!

Okay, so the first thing I wanted to do was talk about embossing! I've watched endless videos with embossing and I always wanted to do it. So for my Afikoman present this year on Passover, I got a heat tool and embossing powder!! I bought a Marvy Uchida heat tool from dick blick, an artist supply store. And I ordered the embossing powders from
http://twopeasinabucket.com. I only ordered black, white and clear because I heard a great tip where you use Versamark ink and any color ink with clear embossing powder and you get any color you want!! So I thought that was enough to start off with!
My heat tool:

My embossing powders:

So I thought it would be super easy to emboss. I think not!! I messed up so many times!! The clear one worked fine right away and the black took two times, but the white was the worst. It took forever to work normally!! I finally just poured it on and barely shook it off, otherwise I'd get a really grainy look, not shiny and smooth at all!



As you can see, the white ones came out really weird until I did the star. The purple one is using Versamark ink and purple ink.

So I had this great idea to make a bunch of cards with embossing, but after all the trouble it took, I decided to stick with what I know I can do for these cards.

So today I went out with my mother and we went to this kinda cheap closeout store where they they have things noone else wanted. We were buying dumb things like magazine holders and rain ponchos, but I went down the scrapbooking aisle, just in case. This store usually has the same, kind of stupid stuff, but I looked anyway. And boy, was I glad I did! I found a ton of K & Company things for really cheap! For me, that is a really nice company. I found 2 paper pads for about $5 each and a whole bunch of embellishments. I think the pads are a bit old, but they're sooo pretty, and I really don't care!
Check it out: (All this was probably less than $20!!)

So, using my new things, I made 3 cards and I'm pretty proud of them, considering I havent been making cards in a while due to my busy schedule! What do you think?? The first is for my father, obviously, and the second is for a school friend (who loves owls) and the third is for my neighbor!
Supplies used: K&Company patterned papers, Ranger ink, MSE! (My sentiments exactly) stamp, embroidery thread.
Supplies used: Marcella by K (K & Company) patterned paper, bird sticker and flower. Random paterned papers... and a uni-ball signo broad white gel pen for the stitching lines. Branch is from old family tree kit (I think it is Colorbok, but not sure!) MSE! stamp and ranger ink.
Supplies used: K & Company patterned paper, K & Company flowers and butterflirs (all four from different packs) MSE! stamp, Ranger ink. I don't know where the ribbon is from, probably something I salvages from around the house :-)
THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG!!
COMMENTS APPRECIATED!!! Tell your friends!
Haylie!

No comments:

Post a Comment