Thursday, October 21, 2010

Bee Joyful!


So..... I wanted to make a card for a challenge, but you know how your card can seem to have a mind of it's own? So that's what happened this time. I had a card sketch, but the card totally strayed from the sketch.
I wanted to make a happy card for a friend who has been looking sad lately. So i wanted to do a "bee" happy bard with a bee on it, but I only had the sentiment "bee joyful" (MSE stamp). So I decided to use that. The bee is from a Prima stamp but it's only part of the stamp - I cut it in half. (It said "love" underneath.)
I used my EK Success punch with my "favorite" paper from Making Memories and another paper from the set for the thin circle around the sentiment.
The pink paper on the purple is actually two strips cut at a slant, but then I added the ribbon so it looks like one paper. The ribbon is from a grabbox from MSE. (Read my post about it here.)

Other supplies used:
Martha Stewart Circle Cutter
Marcella by K black ink
Ranger Adirondack ink in Sunshine Yellow
Marcella by K pink heart paper
EK Success corner rounder (small)
Glue dots (to hold down the ribbon)

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to get a comment from you!
Please follow my blog! Have a great weekend!
-Haylie

1 comment:

  1. I am sure this made your friend happy! So sweet to make a card for her! :-)

    ReplyDelete