Monday, October 18, 2010

Busy, busy!

I'm swamped with schoolwork now, but I really want to make time for card-making! So here's what I've managed to do lately:

First of all, I really wanted to use this Colorbok kit (it's called Home, but I can't find it online) that my friends got me over the summer for a birthday present. I decided to make a card using mainly things from the kit. Here's what I came up with:

All the elements, except for the card base, the white gel pen I wrote the "you" with, and the embossed heart are from the kit. The gel pen is a Uni-ball Signo Broad gel pen and the heart was stamped with a MSE stamp ( I think it was the Baby Girl stamp set, but I might be confused) and embossed using clear Zing! embossing powder from American crafts.

I'm pretty impressed with my handwriting, considering I usually have appalling handwriting!

Here's the next card. It's sort of polka-dot themed.
The "happy for you" is from MSE's Joy stamp set and I cut the circle with Martha Stewart's circle cutter. The green polka dot paper appears yet again!(Making Memories basics kit) It's really my favorite, paper for some reason! The dot is from Mse's birthday stamp set, and I randomly stamped it all over in black ink. The bow uses a random ribbon I think I found on a gift given to someone in my family, and I decided to recycle is. I do that all the time- how about you?

So have a great night- I gotta get back to studying.... (yeah, right).

-Haylie!

2 comments:

  1. Great cards. You have a wonderful style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Haylie, Thanks for visiting my blog! It is nice to see a senior in high school making cards, posting them to a blog and visiting other blogs to see what is out there! Have a wonderful weekend. Your cards are realy lovely! Have you seen the Alice cardstock for Halloween?

    ReplyDelete